Fares are based upon the length of your trip and the number of axles (class) on your vehicle. Three toll rates are used for travel on the Kansas Turnpike:
- Cash toll rate: Travelers who pay at the toll booth can pay this rate with cash or credit card. The cash rate can be paid by those who exit at 53A by paying within 10 days of their trip at www.paykta.com
- K-TAG electronic rate: Travelers using K-TAG or another compatible transponder pay an electronic rate. Sign up today at myktag.com to pay the lowest toll.
- Video Rate: (Rate specific for Exit 53A in East Wichita.) If a customer does not pay the cash rate within 10 days of trip, the fare becomes a video rate toll with a mailed statement. If the fare is older than 28 days, it becomes a violation rate toll at a higher fare.
- Violations rate: Whether intentional or not, if a driver exits the Kansas Turnpike using an electronic lane without a valid compatible transponder, the “missed toll” is considered a violation, per Kansas statute, and will be charged the violation rate. The violation rate is a flat fee per exit depending on the number of axles on the vehicle. Drivers should use the cash lane or a valid compatible transponder to avoid paying this higher fare. This rate also applies to Exit 53A tolls that are not paid on the first invoice.
Use the calculator below to determine your cash or electronic rate. Violation rates are listed below by class and also by exit. If you need more information on which interchanges you will use, click here to view a map of the Kansas Turnpike. Information about Exit 53A in Wichita is on this cashless tolling page.
Miss your toll?
Whether intentional or not, missing the cash booth on the Kansas Turnpike is different than many other states, due to the way a toll is calculated. If a driver exits using an electronic lane without a valid compatible transponder, the “missed toll” is considered a violation, per Kansas statute, and will be tolled at the violation rate based upon the number of axles on the vehicle.
Payment for missed tolls cannot be accepted until the trip is processed in our system. Trips are processed within three business days and statements are typically mailed to the vehicle’s registered owner within two weeks of the trip. At that time, the violation fare can be paid here using information from your toll statement.
We recognize drivers may unintentionally use the electronic lane on their first experience. We offer a one-time courtesy to pay the cash toll. To do so, please call 800-USE-KTAG.
Highway Speed Electronic Lanes
Highway speed electronic lanes are available at our three mainline plazas - Eastern Terminal (MM 217), East Topeka (MM 183) and Southern Terminal (MM 17.)
How does it work?
- Electronic users continue traveling at highway speeds through the toll area.
- Cash travelers exit right to toll plaza for entry ticket or toll payment.
- Check out this video to see how it works.
- Forgot to exit right? If you didn’t get a ticket upon entry, let your collector know (or press help button on a self-pay machine) when you exit. If you didn’t exit right to pay, your “missed toll” is considered a violation per Kansas statute and the vehicle’s registered owner will be mailed a toll statement at the violation rate.