2021 Work Zone Awareness Week Design Contest
The 2021 Work Zone Awareness Week design contest for Kansas students in grades 8-12 is now open! The winning student will receive a $200 gift card and their work published in VYPE Magazine, the high school sports magazine for south and north central Kansas including Wichita and Salina surrounding areas.
Here's the information you need to know to enter our design contest:
Students in grades 8-12 can design a ¾ page ad focused on work zone safety. Entries must be in digital format suitable for magazine publication (details below). However, art mediums incorporated into the final design may include, but are not limited to, illustration, photography, digital design, etc.
- Submission must be submitted online at www.ksturnpike.com/contests by 11:59 p.m. (CT), Sunday, April 11, 2021.
- Open to Kansas students, grades 8-12 only
- Art dimensions: 7.5 inches wide by 7.75 inches tall.
- Must be 300 dpi
- Must be in CMYK color format
- Must be in PDF format
- Must be original work of the student—no clip art.
- Do not use the KTA or KDOT logo in your design.
- Incorporate a work zone safety message. Message can include, but not limited to:
- Work Zone Speed Limits
- Distracted Driving
- Driver/Worker Safety
- More information about the week is available here.
Judging will be completed following the deadline. Those interested in this art contest can view previous finalists here: