2021 Put the Brakes On Fatalities Video Contest
It’s time for the 2021 Put the Brakes on Fatalities Video Contest! Break out the camera and get creative. We look forward to viewing everyone’s submissions. Get an idea of a winning video by viewing past winning videos below.
Rules & Details
The Put the Brakes on Fatalities video contest is open to Kansas and Kansas City metro area teens in grades 8-12.
1. Video must promote fatality prevention using themes such as (but not limited to):
- Distracted Driving
- Texting while Driving
2. Video must be between six (0:06) and sixty (0:60) seconds in length.
3. Selfie videos will not be accepted (Don't just look into the camera and talk). We want you to be creative!
4. Don't break any laws. This is a no-brainer, but if it appears you've broken the law, we'll disqualify your entry.
5. Video must be submitted between August 1 and September 26 at 11:59 pm CST.
6. Submit your video by uploading it to YouTube and sharing the link in our submission form at www.ksturnpike.com/contests
- NOTE: For classrooms with no access to YouTube, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for other directions on entering the video contest.
- Must not include the KTA logo or any stock/copyrighted imagery.
- May be used by the Kansas Turnpike Authority after the end of the contest.
8. You can enter as many videos as you'd like, but contestants can only win once. Video submissions can be entered as a group or by an individual, but all persons associated with the video must be identified in the submission form online.
9. Videos entered in any previous Put the Brakes on Fatalities video contests will not be accepted.
Prizes: GoPro, DJI Stabilizer, DJI Drone
- Winners will be decided on by a committee of transportation officials based on message development and call-to-action, script, use of technology, incorporation of safety message, etc.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be able to choose which prize they want.
- The Runner Up Winner will be able to choose from the two remaining prizes.
- The Third-Place Winner will receive the remaining prize.
- The school of the Grand Prize Winner will receive $500 for its booster club.
Past video contest winners here: