Safety Message Contest
See your safety message on the road! Do you have a witty, funny or attention-grabbing safety message? It’s time to get creative. We look forward to viewing everyone’s submissions. Check out some of our witty examples below for some inspiration:
Rules & Details
The Safety Message contest is open to Kansas and Kansas City metro residents ages 13 and older.
1. Safety message entries must promote safe driving habits using themes.
- Distracted driving (phones, work zone safety)
- Impaired driving (alcohol, drowsy, drugs)
- Seat belts
- General driving safety
- Holiday-related safety
2. Entries must not exceed a total of 15 characters and spaces per line
3. Entries must not exceed 3 lines
4. No personal information, websites or emojis are allowed
5. Entries must be appropriate (would you want your grandma or kids to read it?)
6. Entries must be submitted by October 30 at 11:59 p.m. CST usiI’m ng the submission form
7. Multiple entries are accepted, however, participants can only win once
8. If there are duplicate/similar entries from different participants, the first submitted entry will be selected
There will be three winners from each age division:
- The winners from the adult division (18+) will be featured on DMS boards along the Turnpike and will receive a gift card.
- The winners from the youth division (13-17) will be published in VYPE Kansas Magazine and will receive a gift card.
Winners will be decided by a committee of transportation officials based on creativity and safety effectiveness.
Any submitted entry may be featured along the Turnpike throughout the year.
Work Zone Safety