PR and Social Media Specialist
Department: Business Services & Customer Relations
Salary Range: $45,155.00 - $50,794.00 Annual
Definition and Examples of Work
- Assist in creating and implementing a strategic communications plan that advances KTA’s brand identity.
- Optimize social media channels of KTA, creating content to fit demographics of channel, and that increases reach and strengthens brand.
- Monitor, respond and engage with the public via social channels and other means, gauging sentiment, tracking issues and resolving complaints.
- Review and analyze data (social media, web, media reports, emails, etc.) discovering actionable insights that increase effectiveness of overall awareness results.
- Regularly review content and performance of KTA’s web site and third-party “review” sites (Google, Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.), recommending changes and making updates as needed.
- Coordinate with various community, state, transportation and media partners, including multicultural communities, to strengthen relationships and identify opportunities to share KTA stories and brand.
- Identify stories for content pieces including social media posts, media placement, blogs, articles, etc.
- Coordinate media relations maintaining contacts, assisting with media events, measuring sentiment, reach, etc.
- Composes, edits and proofreads text; produces graphic, video and photographic illustrations for distribution to the general public via social media and other public relations activities.
- Coordinate safety campaigns with external and internal partners, e.g., Work Zone Awareness, etc.
- Collaborate with other communication team members on use of paid social media marketing and to fully represent all areas of KTA by integrating plans and materials.
- Additional duties may be assigned as business needs require.
Latitude and Impact of Position
This position works independently and as part of a team, including providing input and problem solving with others to complete tasks. The position provides coaching and training in an informal manner and participates in short-term and long-term planning. Negotiation, diplomacy, and persuasion is used with external customers. Decision making is typically done in conjunction with others and independently in regard to decisions affecting the individual tasks and department policy. Successful completion of job tasks may impact procedures of team, customer satisfaction, and company image.
The work environment described here is representative of the general work environment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily works in office environment while using computers and related peripherals and other office equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills with the ability to vary style based upon audience and platform.
- Ability to take complex information and communicate it in a way that is clearly understood for multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated success in planning, managing and executing digital communications and social media initiatives and optimizing website content.
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to engage others whether individually or in a group.
- Familiar with using social media platform analytics and basic knowledge of paid social media marketing.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time, working with campaign plans and timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Flexible and collaborative, with a willingness to learn and take direction from others.
- Ability and willingness to perform both strategic and tactical elements of the role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Window operating systems and associated computer programs and processes.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Apple/IOS computers and products.
- Basic graphic design, photography and video skills.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in public relations, social media marketing, communications, journalism or related degree.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in public relations, social media, journalism, or a communications field and/or industry.
- Solid experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Cloud, PhotoShop and related programs.
Certification, License, Registration
- Valid driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent standing/walking and sitting.
- Bending, twisting or turning, kneeling/squatting (frequent)
- Reach overhead with hands and arms (occasional)
- Able to differentiate colors and shapes within images (frequent)
- Ability to hear others and communicate (continuous)
- Occasional use of hands to touch, handle or feel.
- Peripheral vision (frequent) and depth perception (occasional)
- Ability to adjust focus and distinguish sound tones (occasional)
- Occasional travel during work hours with some overnight travel, as needed.
- Overtime (occasional)