Quality Assurance Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Salary Range: $29.557 - $34.578 Hourly
Kansas Turnpike Authority $1,500 Sign-on Bonus: available to new full-time employees who meet the eligibility requirements
Definition and Examples of Work
- Train and educate staff on data quality importance and best practices.
- Maintain documentation of all data QA processes.
- Conducts testing to ensure products perform according to user requirements and within established guidelines.
- Creates a regular report to effectively communicate repeat user issues or problems reported through the feedback process.
- When a product does not perform within specifications, reports defects to programmers while identifying and recommending solutions, improvements, and updates.
- Work with the data team in the data preparation, reconciliation, reporting, and analytic tasks necessary to meet business needs and requirements.
- Work with employees from each department to implement data quality evaluation and improvement.
- Keep up to date of developments and trends in data quality analysis.
- Recommend, implement, and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved.
Latitude and Impact of Position
This position works daily to obtain information, provide input, and problem solve independently and as part of a team, while researching and using extensive technical and industry knowledge. Most work projects are assigned, then the employee arranges his/her work tasks for completion within established timeframes. Decision making may be done independently when related to own work tasks and when decisions do not impact other departments. All purchase requests require supervisory approval. Successful completion of job tasks impacts internal systems, processes and procedures, operating costs, and customer satisfaction.
The work environment described here is representative of the general work environment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily works in a general office environment using computers, electronic devices, and related office equipment.
- May be required to work occasional weekends and/or evenings to support system updates or program implementation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization and with external contacts.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Skilled knowledge of SQL and relational database management systems.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in best practices for testing, version control, and defect management.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Information Systems, Business Intelligence, or another Information Technology or related field.
- 1-3 years' experience in Quality Assurance or similar job.
Certification, License, Registration
- Valid driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit (or stand) for long periods of time (continuous)
- Must be able to speak with and hear others (continuous)
- Uses hands to touch, handle or feel (continuous)
- Must be able to adjust focus, identify and distinguish colors and/or shapes and see up close (frequently)
- Occasionally uses depth perception and must see at a distance.
- Must be able to visualize computer screen (frequently)
- Must occasionally distinguish between sound tones.
- Must lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.