Customer Service Representative
Department: Business Services & Customer Relations
Location: Wichita, KS
Salary Range: $14.875 - $18.843 /hour
Posted: Oct 18, 2019
Definition and Examples of Work
- Opens and maintains K-TAG accounts including: issuing and replacing K-TAGs, accepting all types of payments, and providing receipts.
- Makes recommendations to customers according to customers’ needs on K-TAG programs and account types.
- Processes orders obtained from customer service and prepares orders for mailing.
- Works within the K-TAG database to assign ID numbers to customer accounts.
- Receives K-TAGs from customers, toll booths, mail, etc., and prepares them for return to the manufacturer or for recycling.
- Assists K-TAG and non-K-TAG customers with violation inquiries, resolution, and processing of payments.
- Processes payments for customer accounts in compliance with credit card handling procedures.
- Communicates directly with the customer in-person, via phone, email and/or mail to resolve all questions, issues, complaints, billing errors, etc.
- Problem solves with the customer to identify why the customer has an issue and provide a solution in an efficient manner.
- Maintains KTA system knowledge to assist in customer service inquiries, including construction KTA changes and location-specific information.
- Recognizes and alerts the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
- Additional duties may be assigned as business needs require.
Latitude and Impact of Position
This position works independently and as part of a team, including providing input and problem solving with others to complete tasks. Most assigned duties are consistent from day to day with input from the employee to arrange tasks for completion. Negotiation and persuasion is used with internal and external customers and vendors on a daily basis. Decision making is typically done independently within established company guidelines in regard to decisions affecting the individual’s work tasks. Successful completion of job tasks significantly impacts customer satisfaction and external company image.
The work environment described here is representative of the general work environment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position alternates work between a limited access call center environment in which multiple employees work in an open workspace setting and a general office environment in which customers may enter the facility within established business hours.
- Must be able to focus on current customer with background noise and others talking in close proximity.
- Office temperatures are standard, and individuals may need to adjust for cold or heat per personal preference.
- Must work without access to personal communications equipment such as cell phone, camera, tablet or other.
- Use of computer and general office equipment such as printers, scanners is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good listening skills with the ability to process information quickly to make recommendations or propose solutions to a customer’s needs or problems.
- Ability to use consistent good judgment when answering customer questions and complaints.
- Must have appropriate voice quality (tone, volume)
- Ability to type 30 words per minute and use 10-key to the touch using computerized office equipment.
- Ability to empathize with a customer’s experience while providing clear resolution.
- Ability to retain information while performing transactions without writing it down, e.g., credit card numbers.
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to follow standard protocols in processing transactions, e.g., standard greeting.
- Must maintain privacy and the security of customer information and the KTA according to provided guidelines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated computer programs and processes.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Required Education and Experience
- Two years’ experience in customer service or public service field, preferred.
Certification, License, Registration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit (or stand) for long periods of time (continuous)
- Must be able to stand for periods of time when processing mail
- Frequent bending, twisting or turning within work area
- Must be able to see up close to be able to visualize computer screen (continuous)
- Must be able to hear the customer, including assessing their tone/demeanor and distinguishing sound tones (continuous)
- Occasional kneeling, squatting and reaching overhead
- Must occasionally climb or balance on stairs or a ladder
- Must lift up to 25 pounds frequently, occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and push or pull weights up to 100 pounds.
- May work occasional overtime to accommodate call volumes
- Must pass background check
- Work schedules may be adjusted to meet customer service and call demands, including extended hours or Saturday work.
Find information about and apply for specific, full- or part-time open positions.
Ongoing Part-Time Positions
We are always looking for energetic, customer-focused applicants in our toll and K-TAG departments.
Ongoing Part-Time Positions
We are always looking for energetic, customer-focused applicants in our toll and K-TAG departments.View All