PT Incident Management Specialist
Department: Incident Management Center
Location: Wichita, KS
Salary Range: $17.213 - $21.804 /hour
Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Definition and Examples of Work
- Operate computer keyboard to access information and also enter information for KTA/KHP information systems.
- Update KanRoad and NOAA systems.
- Operate NICE recording system.
- Operate Turnpike dynamic message boards with critical information as needed.
- Operate radio transmitters on patrol and maintenance frequencies.
- Operate telephone console for incoming calls.
- Monitor and assist in diagnostic tests on alarm system.
- Decipher messages returned from NCIC, NLET, REJIS, DMV, and other entities and disseminate to appropriate personnel.
- Log and decipher toll maintenance breakdown, relay to technicians.
- Receive and record weather reports, advise tollbooths and other personnel.
- Monitor toll plaza cameras.
- Operate Emergency CAD system
Latitude and Impact of Position
This position works within a team environment providing input and problem solving with others to complete tasks. Diplomacy is used with both internal and external customers. Decision making is typically done independently within established company guidelines in regard to decisions affecting the individual’s work tasks. Successful completion of job tasks impacts customer satisfaction, safety of KTA and KHP personnel, and external company image and liability.
The work environment described here is representative of the general work environment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Limited access office environment in which multiple employees work in an open workspace setting.
- Must be able to focus on multiple tasks with background noise and others talking in close proximity.
- Office temperatures are standard, and individuals may need to adjust for cold or heat per personal preference.
- Must work without access to personal communications equipment such as cell phone, camera, tablet or other.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of Kansas Turnpike rules, regulations, and policies.
- Knowledge of police radio communications regulations and rules.
- Ability to understand and operate complicated radio communications and electrical communications equipment.
- Be able to work and maintain composure in a fast-paced and high stressed environment.
- Be able to speak clearly, listen accurately, and write legibly.
- Be able to accurately touch type at a minimum rate of 40 words per minute.
- Must develop competency in operating numerous databases including Open Fox, KCJIS, and Global CAD.
- Voice and hearing acceptable for radio monitoring/transmitting.
- Working knowledge of computer operation and databases.
- Ability to operate computer equipment and related peripherals such as printers, scanners, copiers, etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior customer service or public service experience, preferred.
Certification, License, Registration
- Be able to obtain required certifications including NCIC and CPR
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit (or stand) for long periods of time (continuous)
- Occasional bending, twisting or turning within work area
- Must be able to see up close to be able to visualize computer screen (continuous)
- Must be able to hear the customer, including assessing their tone/demeanor (continuous)
- Requires ability to adapt to shift work within a 24/7 operation
- Must pass criminal background
- Overtime work as needed
- Varied work schedule
- Work on holidays
Find information about and apply for specific, full- or part-time open positions.
Ongoing Part-Time Positions
We are always looking for energetic, customer-focused applicants in our toll and K-TAG departments.
Ongoing Part-Time Positions
We are always looking for energetic, customer-focused applicants in our toll and K-TAG departments.View All