Put the Brakes on Fatalities Video Contest
Jun 30, 2016
THE VIDEO CONTEST
Are you in grades 8-12? Check out the rules below and enter. Are you an adult? KTA would like to ask you, as a youth influencer, to share this video contest information with youth you engage with regularly. If you’re an educator, can you integrate this video contest into a class project?
Three finalists will receive awesome prizes such as an DJI Osmo video camera, GoPro video camera or iPad. $500 will go to the booster club of the grand prize winner’s school.
1. Video must promote fatality prevention using themes such as (but not limited to):
- Distracted Driving
- Texting while Driving
2. Video must be between six (0:06) and sixty (0:60) seconds in length.
3. Selfie videos will not be accepted (Don't just look into the camera and talk). We want you to be creative!
4. Don't break any laws. This is a no-brainer but if it appears you've broken the law we'll disqualify your entry.
5. Video must be submitted between August 1 and September 25 at 11:59 pm.
6. Submit your video by uploading and sharing it on social media. We recommend uploading to YouTube and sharing the link. Accepted social media platforms are:
- NOTE: For classrooms with no social media access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for other directions on entering the video contest.
7. Submission post must include:
- Tagging the official Kansas Turnpike account. You must follow our accounts in order for us to contact you.
- Tagging the name of your school (unless home schooled)
- Using the hashtag #PTBOFvideo
8. You can enter as many videos as you'd like, but you can only win once.
9. Videos entered in previous Put the Brakes on Fatalities video contests will not be accepted.
10. Have fun!
- There will be three winners.
- Winners will be decided on by a committee of transportation officials.
- The Grand Prize winner will be able to choose which prize they want.
- The Runner Up winner will be able to choose from the two remaining prizes.
- The Third Place winner will receive the remaining prize.
- The school of the Grand Prize winner will receive $500 for its booster club.